Bushy Hill + PSDC = One Great Summer!!!
Hello Camp Families,
At Incarnation Center, we have two great day camp programs, Bushy Hill and Pequot Sherwood. This summer we are excited to give your campers the best of both of our day camps.
As we are sure you know, the CDC and the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood are recommending and have implemented strict guidelines for how camps will operate this summer. We have been diligently staying up-to-date on these changes and will be implementing the latest cleaning and social distancing methods during our sessions in order to keep everyone safe. We are very fortunate that the changes we will be implementing will compliment rather than hinder our hybrid Bushy Hill & Pequot program for the 2020 season.
Date: Monday, June 22nd – Friday, August 21st
(Programming is based on 1-week sessions)
Time: Morning Drop Off: 8:00am-9:00am and Afternoon Pick Up: 4:00pm-5:00pm (SEEDLINGS CAMP 9:00am – 4:00pm)
- Seedlings – Camp Drop Off & Pick Up at the Nature Center
- Roots – Drop Off & Pick Up at the Lower Camp Turnaround
- Trunks – Drop Off & Pick Up at the Farm Pavilion Turnaround
- Canopy – Drop Off & Pick Up at the Bushy Hill Field Turnaround
*You will be informed of your campers specific drop off location, as this may change from week to week depending on our age groupings for a particular session.
As you all are aware, this is a special year for both programs, and here are some changes that we have made to ensure a safe and fun summer:
1. Both camps are working together (BH and PSDC). Our enormous 750-acre campus allows small groups of 10 or less to stay together for the entire camp day and week without coming into contact with any other groups.
2. We will have a great staff made up of local talent. International staff will be welcomed back in 2021.
3. We are following all of the guidelines put in place by the CDC, DPH, OEC and more… (please click link) CDC Memorandum #18 Revised
4. Swimming lessons will not be taught this year, but all campers will have both swimming and boating time each day.
5. All campers will be required to bring their own lunch and life jacket (per state reg). We will have last season’s life jackets available for purchase on opening day for $10. Campers will need to bring them to camp each day. Please make sure they are labeled with your child’s name if you choose to purchase one in advance of camp. We ask that when packing lunch for your campers, please be aware of our status as a nut free policy, and we ask that you do not send anything containing nuts or peanut butter, as we have various campers and staff will allergies.
Here is a list of just a few of the activities we will be offering this summer: swimming, boating, water adventure, destination hikes (Sandy Beach, BBI, Look Out Point, etc.), soccer, archery, low ropes, high ropes, gaga ball, arts & crafts, spoon burning, bone carving, basketball, pond probe, fire building, dodgeball, farm, cordage, shelter building, tree/ plant/ animal identification, field games… and more!